3D Printing Service - Multi Color Models out of Paper

Hello.  I own a 3D Printing Service Bureau (imtyris.com).   The out put of our 3D printer is a paper model, either plain white, or in millions of colors.

I'm looking for someone to work with to develop CT or MRI data into a full color paper model.

Dave Jahnz

Imtyris

858 354-4200

_Imtyris Flyer .jpg

• 2 weeks later...

That's pretty cool stuff Dave! I like that paper is used as it gives full color and is also more environmentally friendly than may plastics and resins. I guess since your models require color information you don't use STL. Do you use OBJ or other file formats? Also, where are you based? I do a lot of creation of 3D printable models from medical scans, but haven't used much color before. 

Hi Dr Mike.   I'm based in El Cajon Ca. (suberb of San Diego).   

I mostly use .obj, .wrl or .ply for color.  I can use .stl and add colors if desired.

I would love to make a model from scans.... for you free of charge.

Let me know

Thanks

Dave Jahnz

858 354-4200

imtyris.com

• 2 years later...

Dear Dave,

I never made a paper print. I am a productdesigner. Therefore I am looking for a long time to make 3D prints with a paper-look instead of plastic-look.

The last 5 years I do also a lot of work for clients working with CT and MRI scanned data. The data concerns all skeleton parts, both from Hominids as from Non Hominids. This data comes from Musea and from scientists and has most of the time an archaeological origin.

Since these data is often not complete or disturbed, I adjust the information on request to make good reconstructions.

(I have *.stl, *.obj etc CT scan data, however, my protocol is that this data cannot be shared)

If you are interested to share knowledge, maybe you can send me a personal message? This, because I did not get a notification of your reply, I am sorry I let you wait.

Homotherium_Cranium_96dpi.jpg

0075.jpg

• 2 weeks later...