Description: The IVC filter deployment/retrieval medical training model includes all the major venous structures in the human torso from the right jugular vein of the neck to the right and left common femoral veins at the level of the hips. The model allows for the education and training in a variety of venous and IVC filter related procedures.
The model was created from a real CT scan so the vessel positions, diameters, and angles are all real. Entry points are present at the right jugular vein and brachiocephalic vein for upper body access, and the bilateral common femoral veins for lower body access. Attachments are present to make placement of a real vascular sheath easy.
The model can be used to illustrate specific devices for the procedures listed and is used by medical device companies to demonstrate and teach the use of their products. The IVC model comes in a rugged and portable carrying case and is easily transportable. It assembles and disassembles in less than 20 seconds. A variety of extensions are available to expand the number of procedures that can be simulated.
Procedures that this model can teach or practice:
- IVC filter placement, jugular or femoral approach
- Common iliac filter placement, jugular or femoral approach
- IVC filter retrieval
- Venous stenting
- IVC and iliac vein thrombectomy or thrombolysis
- Venous embolization
- Hepatic vein cannulation
- Iliac vein stenosis extension model (# VIVC01E2SC)
- Gonadal vein embolization extension model (# VGON01000C)
- Femoral vein extension model (# VFEM01000C)
- Flexible SVC extension model (# VSVC01000F)
For questions and pricing contact us. Please include the model name and number with your inquiry: IVC Filter Deployment and Retrieval model (# VIVC01000M)