HELP !!! A skin 3D printable model

sercangizem

I am currently working on a publication that outlines some of these steps for working with heads. I can send you the part of the document that describes this. I also have a tutorial for pubic bones, but the steps for hollowing in Meshlab are the same: 

Again, for any postprocessing i am using Blender (CAD software). If you have segmented whole head, just import it in Blender as .stl format and delete facets in the bottom part (neck). You will get hollow head (skin). Now use Solidify Modifier to get wall (depending how thich you want it to be).

On 15.11.2016 at 7:35 AM, tsehrhardt said:

I am currently working on a publication that outlines some of these steps for working with heads. I can send you the part of the document that describes this. I also have a tutorial for pubic bones, but the steps for hollowing in Meshlab are the same: 

I am looking forward to your work ,I had already studied your work before and I created a head using the 3d slicer, but I stuck it in the meshmixer.But I can not empty the head.

On 15.11.2016 at 11:19 AM, kopachini said:

Again, for any postprocessing i am using Blender (CAD software). If you have segmented whole head, just import it in Blender as .stl format and delete facets in the bottom part (neck). You will get hollow head (skin). Now use Solidify Modifier to get wall (depending how thich you want it to be).

I tried but I could not be successful.I tried watching videos from the internet.But they always gave the couples of theirs and they seem simple.How do we do complex things like head because  it has a lot of surface

I took a look at your models but the privacy setting prevents them from being viewed.  I personally find using threshold for segmentation pretty antiquated and use grow/cut for segmentation.  This may help for you needs but would be too involved to explain here.  I would imagine the issue with the inferior part of the head not having a uniform intensity and giving a rough surface... but I am just guessing

You can do it in Meshmixer.

1) Import your STL into MeshMixer

2) Using the select too, select areas on your head you wish to make into holes 

3) Once the unwanted faces are selected, delete them (X key)

4) Select all the remaining faces (CTRL-A)

5) Use the offset took to thicken your mesh. Make sure you check the "Connected box"

You should now have a hollow shell from your head mesh. Hope this helps!

On 11/17/2016 at 2:14 AM, sercangizem said:

I am looking forward to your work ,I had already studied your work before and I created a head using the 3d slicer, but I stuck it in the meshmixer.But I can not empty the head.

Thank you for your comment! I have attached a gallery of screenshots showing how I use the Ambient Occlusion filter in Meshlab to hollow heads. It applies shading to your model and allows you to easily select internal surfaces to delete.

I hope it helps!

Terrie

[gallery640x480]
[album]73[/album]
[/gallery]

Archived