Formlabs Form 2 SLA Printer

SJSato

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I purchased a form1+ for fabricating maxillofacial models for maxillofacial and head and neck reconstruction. The build volume as you mention is small, but big enough to at least segmentally print most areas of interest. The print resolution and process is fantastic with these but I'm still at the beginning of the learning curve for preparing the dataset for printing and finding this forum today should speed the process!

Welcome paulmbuck! Please keep us up to date on your experiences with the Form1+. I am using my Form1+ and Form2 primarily for vascular printing, so I am very interested to hear what your experiences are for maxillofacial applicaitons.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would guess you can print about 8 models or so if they are big and take most of the build volume. Some of the resin is lost with supports, and some is lost with washing. 

If you can, I would definitely get a Form 2 over a Form 1+. It may be a bit more expensive, but it will save you a ton of headache and the large build volume will allow you to print models that may not fit the Form 1+

Archived