Great Resources for modeling

mplishka

Hi all!

Just wanted to share that Autodesk has some great free programs/apps for cleaning up imported files and for scanning and CAD.  In particular, MeshMixer is an amazing piece of software.  I've been playing with it to clean up some CT spine files and it is really easy to use and powerful.  As someone who has used all levels of CAD software, I can't believe it's free.

Check out the Autodesk resources here:  

http://www.123dapp.com/create

Enjoy!!

Mike

• 1 year later...

Hi mplishka,

Thanks for using Meshmixer! It really is a great print utility.

If you have a need for a comprehensive 3D CAD/CAM solution, check out: Fusion 360. Fusion 360  features collaborative parametric and mesh modeling, simulation, analysis, and direct to fabrication via additive and subtractive manufacturing. A free 1-year startup license is also available for hobbyists, enthusiasts, makers, and emerging businesses that make less than US$100,000 in revenue per year. Additionally, Autodesk makes ALL our software available for academic use for free. There is a wealth of resources available to quickly learn the application and get running on the Fusion 360 Learning website. Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can be of any assistance.

Thanks,

Jared

• 4 weeks later...

Archived