In 2020 we were in lockdown but this did not mean an obstacle for 3d printing technology to continue evolving. As we saw, many of the researchers focused their ingenuity, creativity and work to contribute in the fight against the Covid-19 and prevent transmission.
There was an important development in the area of surgery, dentistry, cardiovascular surgery and traumatology. Searching "3D printing" at Pubmed returned 3487 published articles.
1. Review on 3D printing: Fight against COVID-19
2. Fabrication of polylactic acid (PLA)-based porous scaffold through the combination of traditional bio-fabrication and 3D printing technology for bone regeneration
3. Musculoskeletal Tissue Engineering Using Fibrous Biomaterials
4. 3D Printed Fistula Plug: A Novel Bridge to Definitive Reconstruction
5. A Novel Three-Dimensional-Printed Ultrasound-Guided Hip Arthrocentesis Model
6. An overview on 3D printing for abdominal surgery
7. 3D Printing Applications for Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement
8. A 3D printing replication technique for fabricating digital dentures
9. Quality Control in Medical 3D Printing
10. An update on applications of 3D printing technologies used for processing polymers used in implant dentistry
A Radiologist who´s passionate about AI and imaging in any form. From x rays, ultrasound to CT, MR and 3d printing. Likes photography, music, and video games.