In 2020 we were in lockdown but this did not mean an obstacle for 3d printing technology to continue evolving. As we saw, many of the researchers focused their ingenuity, creativity and work to contribute in the fight against the Covid-19 and prevent transmission.
There was an important development in the area of surgery, dentistry, cardiovascular surgery and traumatology. Searching "3D printing" at Pubmed returned 3487 published articles.
1. Review on 3D printing: Fight against COVID-19
Oladapo, B. I., Ismail, S. O., Afolalu, T. D., Olawade, D. B., & Zahedi, M. (2020). Materials chemistry and physics, 258, 123943.
2. Fabrication of polylactic acid (PLA)-based porous scaffold through the combination of traditional bio-fabrication and 3D printing technology for bone regeneration
Zhou, X., Zhou, G., Junka, R., Chang, N., Anwar, A., Wang, H., & Yu, X. (2020). Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 197, 111420.
3. Musculoskeletal Tissue Engineering Using Fibrous Biomaterials
Tan, G., Zhou, Y., & Sooriyaarachchi, D. In Wound Regeneration (pp. 31-40). Humana, New York, NY.
4. 3D Printed Fistula Plug: A Novel Bridge to Definitive Reconstruction
Macielak, R. J., Ziebarth, M. T., & Price, D. L. (2020). The Laryngoscope.
5. A Novel Three-Dimensional-Printed Ultrasound-Guided Hip Arthrocentesis Model
Chiem, A. T., Lister, J. P., Singh, M., Alegria‐Leal, E., Morales, J., Salibian, R., ... & Stark, E. (2020). Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine, 40(1), 175-181.
6. An overview on 3D printing for abdominal surgery
Pietrabissa, A., Marconi, S., Negrello, E., Mauri, V., Peri, A., Pugliese, L., ... & Auricchio, F. (2019). Surgical endoscopy, 1-13.
7. 3D Printing Applications for Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement
Levin, D., Mackensen, G. B., Reisman, M., McCabe, J. M., Dvir, D., & Ripley, B. (2020). Current Cardiology Reports, 22(4), 1-9.
8. A 3D printing replication technique for fabricating digital dentures
Takeda, Y., Lau, J., Nouh, H., & Hirayama, H. (2020). The Journal of prosthetic dentistry, 124(3), 251-256.
9. Quality Control in Medical 3D Printing
Weadock, W. J. (2020). Quality Control in Medical 3D Printing. Academic Radiology, 27(5), 661-662.
10. An update on applications of 3D printing technologies used for processing polymers used in implant dentistry
Revilla-León, M., Sadeghpour, M., & Özcan, M. (2019). . Odontology, 1-8.
A Radiologist who´s passionate about AI and imaging in any form. From x rays, ultrasound to CT, MR and 3d printing. Likes photography, music, and video games.
There are no comments to display.
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now