How to Isolate Aorta

KC0WJP

Hi! you can try this segmenter! If it doesn't work well (and probably it will dont work) you can manually segment it with Editor>painteffect.

in painteffect you can check the "threshold paint" to paint only the range of HU that you need to select, and "sphere" for a volumetric selection in x, y, z plans. You can select the sphere radius as needed for a more precise voxels selection.

You can also try the others editor functions

Great question! You can also try using the wand effect tool in the Editor to select a connected volume. Apply an appropriate label, say 5 for blod. Check the threshold paint effect box and set some Hounsfield value that is reasonable for the degree of contrast enhancement in your particular scan, say 120 or so for most CE CTs. Of you can use the default mode for the wand effect tool. Make sure the Fill Volume box is checked, otherwise the tool will only select pixels in the current slice. Once you have your selected Label Map you should be able to proceed to Model Maker to export to STL. Hope this helps!

Dr. Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the input for many options. My skills with slicer are not that great! I found if I used the paint tool and just "paint" the area that I wanted printed it would make a nice model. I did need to paint each slice of the CT. I need to see if it wants to print a solid model. If it does, I'll just paint a small area around the edge to get the hollow model. 

Archived