Field of Application of 3D Printing in Medicine and Surgery

lucaam86

Hi,

my name is Luca and I'm a 3D developer in Italy. I'm graduated in Architecture's Sciences and now I'm studyng Biology.
I'm working with Start-Up Company that realize 3D Model Printed for biomedical field.

I'm very interested in all possible applications of 3D Modeling and 3D Printing in medicine and surgery but I 'd like to understand better what are , specifically , the fields of medicine in which 3D printing can provide to the medical staff more information additional to the TAC or the MRN .

What are , for example , diseases or surgical interventions in which 3D printing can really give a clinical significant contribute? ( Excluding the orthopedics that we know to be one of the main fields of application of 3D printing).

I would love to hear your impressions about.
Thanks

Luca

In addition to the physical surgical planning, 3d printing can also be used for Forensic reconstructions and flow modeling (I believe those are listed in Dr.Mike's reference above) as well as radiation dosage planning.  Also, braces and masks for radiation dosing are being printed as are various customized prosthesis, both internal and external.

Would also love to hear about what your company is doing!

Archived