Face of engineering takes on a new look

health_physics

Very interesting. Thanks for posting health_physics. Is this course for engineering students only or is it available to general undergrads. The reason I ask is that one of the most difficult aspects of designing for 3D prints is mastering the software needed to design something. I'm wondering if general undergrads can do this or if they need some background in engineering to do so.

Thanks for helping to mentor the next generation of 3D makers! I'm promoting this link on Twitter here

Dr Mike,

At this stage the subject is open to Engineering undergrads (and postgrads) only.  We have just finished our inaugural class of 2014 with very good reviews.  You highlight the salient point - software mastery is the key to the whole process.  Interestingly the demarcation between the CAD (Computer Aided Design) software tools for Engineering, Medicine, and say the Arts, is rapidly blurring.  What used to be the sole domain of engineers is now occupied by many other disciplines.  Truly 'What You See Is What You Build' (WYSIWYB).

Thanks for the Twitter post!

Archived