3D printable skull for facial recognition sculpting

Dr. Mike

A member recently asked the following question:

"Is there a skull that would work for someone who is interested in facial reconstruction sculpting or forensic sculpting? I searched some of the skulls but found most seem to have hollow spaces. "

We have a variety of skulls available for download and 3D print -- several hundred at least. I am sure you can find something representative of what you need. I am not sure what you mean by "hollow spaces." A normal skull has many hollow spaces, including the paranasal sinuses, mastoid air cells, and of course the intracranial portion where the brain sits. Are you seeking something different?

Dr. Mike

Wow! I'm sure I can with that many. I must have been looking at a skull that was damaged due to injury or deformed. Question: would there be any with an image of the person when their were alive? I think I know the answer since there HIPPA laws I would guess not. But I figured I would ask anyway. And thank you for getting back to me!

Your guess is right. We can't associate shared files with photos of a person due to the need to maintain privacy. Good luck with your project and be sure to post the results here. I am sure the community will be interested in your work.

Dr. Mike