Need help with 3d model

ArturArtur

Hi, I need help with my 3D model. I sent CT dicoms to embodi and I received file like always (thx embodi !)  When I open file in Meshmixer, everything is ok at first sight. However, when I cut model walls of  are empty (see screen shot) so I cannot print it properly. I want just emphasis that I sent CT -bone window. Thank you in advance for help 

Zrzut ekranu 2021-03-15 o 20.36.17.png

Hi Selami ! thank you for answer, I tried this that you proposed but effect was very unsatisfactory (screen shot). I need fill just walls because skull base (bottom) isimportant to me. Model is on my profile to download.  Thank you in advance ! All the best !

Zrzut ekranu 2021-03-16 o 19.05.33.png

Hi Arthur, 

I have downloaded your stl file from your profile and cut it. It seems ok if you do it from Edit=>Plane Cut command. Unfortunately stl files over 24 mb and i cant send from here. just send me message your e mail for stl files if you have issues cutting by this way.

Cheers

after cut.jpg

before cut.jpg

Thanks. 

Lets do step by step then.

1.jpg :First I opened your STL file and clicked left view(which is front view for architetcs as me :) ) 

2.jpg : you can change axis and move selection.

you can also rortate at that view to check if its ok.

3.jpg changed rotation axis and cutting side. just say accept.

Thats it.

Cheers

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

After cut, we need to export a new stl file, and import it to 3dslicer, or which software you create STL file. So we can resegment to fill holes. But nice topic for me, I will think better and faster solutiuon for it.

cheers

• 2 months later...
On 3/16/2021 at 5:46 PM, ArturArtur said:

I dont know how to fill walls of skull ( pink space) 

You can go to Analysis--> Inspector and it will drop pins indicating the holes and you can click them to fill in. Since your edges are highlighted blue, Meshmixer knows those edges outline holes.