MRI images conversion into 3d model

zee

hello !!

I'm working on a project "Radiological Brain Images Based Learning and Diagnosing App".In our proposed project we provide a solution to the practitioners as well as the patients through which they can access their MRI images on mobile with 3D view. The images are labialized and diagnosed by the doctor. For this we use the blend of cloud computing with mobile and radiological imaging technologies. Cloud is used for data repository purpose and radiological images with mobile computing are used for the construction, labialization and diagnostics of the disease.  

i need to get information that either i should make a software like MIMICS,Blender etc. or either use these open source softwares for the purpose of 3D conversion of MRI images.Kindly help me out .

Hi zee,

This sounds like an interesting project.  I would not have thought a cell phone could handle viewing 3D scan data but they do keep getting faster.  I guess I am not clear on what the goals of the software would be.  If you want an app that a provider and patient can use I would think the 'volume rendering' (which is basically volume thresholding) feature in 3dSlicer is the kind of thing you would want but that taxes my desktop computer let alone a cell phone.  Scrolling through the slices in the 3 orthogonal planes I would expect to be more realistic and still what a lot of medical practitioners seem to be used to doing.

MRI is not that easy a modality to work with because scans from different facilities and scanners can have wildly different intensity values due to variances in pulse sequence, magnet strength, etc. Manual segmentation can be done with any number of sequences, but automation will be hugely challenging.

Archived