3D printing will provide body parts of the future

health_physics

• 4 weeks later...

I looked into this course and registered. It seems that their first class ran November through December recently in 2015. Their next class is to be announced and currently not scheduled. Did anyone happen to take it to provide some feedback? I didn't see any reviews.

Vlad,

Things hit the fan on my end so wasn't able to dig as deeply into this as I wanted to and I still didn't finish the course, but what I did go through was pretty well done, with some provocative chapters contained therein.  I was most happy with their use of interesting (and sometimes unfamiliar) case studies that helped drive home the value that 3d printing technologies could have in healthcare. All in all, it's a good foundational (if not basic at times) review of where 3d printing is and where it can go.  

I'm still able to access the videos and the rest of the course material even though the course is 'over'.   I hope to cover the material I missed when I have a free moment.

All the best!

Mike

This course has been announced again for second class starting in late March (in about 2 months). Judging from the student comments section, several people have signed up that are either physicians, biomedical researchers, or 3D print service providers, and it's a diverse international class. I've registered for it and looking forward to the class.

Thanks for your feedback, Mike.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This course starts as a very basic introduction to 3D printing, and follows by some topics about bioprinting. I have gone through about a third of it, but I'm guessing it's a means to get people interested in this field. But we have to see. 

Archived