Video recording and editing tools

vlad

Dr. Mike, just curious what software you like to use to record, mix, edit, soundtrack, etc your excellent instructional videos and presentations here and on your YouTube channel? Consider this an educational meta-post. Are there pros and cons to different tools to screen capture video and/or incorporate your camera-view mode from your laptop (like Skype mode) to integrate a personal interview with the screen captured desktop software and/or imported video from a file, etc? Staying with the general theme of your forum, is there a good freeware tool you like?

Great question. For screen captures, I use Microsoft Expression (it is free). I suppose you could us any camera view software to display on your screen and Expression would capture it. For Mac, you can use QuickTime, which has a built in screen capture option. 

For editing I purchased Cyberlink PowerDirector. It costs about $60 and has great features despite the low cost. I'm not a sophisticated enough video editor to need to use Adobe Premiere or other high-end applications.

Does this help?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived